Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dates and Nuts

For the past two Fridays, my wonderful wife has taken me on two fantastic dates.

Date #1
This one was a secret, which was a lot of fun because we got to explore Salt Lake City on foot, which is something we haven't done before. Come to find out it was all just to take up some time because we had a couple hours to kill before...The JAZZ game! Yes everyone, my wife got some tickets from a fellow teacher, and took me to the Jazz game. I haven't been to a game in a long time, and it's been even longer since I've been to a game and not sat in the nosebleed section.

Oh, but before the game we were looking for a place to eat. We are not what you would call "connoisseurs of cuisine", so we were just looking for someplace new that looked good. We must've been on the wrong side of town though because every menu we looked at was at least $25/person, unless you wanted to be cheap and pay $15/person for a hamburger. No Thank You! So we found our way back to The Gateway and took whoever had the shortest wait possible, which was Applebee's, and we enjoyed our meal, then the Jazz game!

And the nuts...
We rode trax for the first time that night, and it appeared that some Jazz fans don't hold their booze (not to be confused with Boozer, the guy who sits out because of a sore earlobe) very well. Let's just say it was a very interesting experience, and we'll leave it at that.

Date#2
Yesterday, once again, my wife took me on a date. And once again, she got tickets from a fellow teacher. And once again...ok, we didn't go to a Jazz game this time, but our date was more fitting for the season. We went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square Christmas concert. It's amazing how they turn the Conference Center into a performance hall, full of fancy decorations, a stage for dancers, and they even had our own Davis High bell choir (along with some other bell choirs). The decorations were beautiful and the music was incredible! The Choir sang with Brian Stokes Mitchell, whom we've seen twice now this year (last time was at A Capitol 4th concert in Washington DC), and they had Edward Herrmann share Longfellow's Christmas (the story behind "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day") and the Christmas story from Luke 2. I recommend that if any of you have a chance to see Motab's Christmas concert that you take the opportunity. It's worth it!

4 comments:

Deidra said...

I think Chris needs some fellow teachers so he can take me on awesome dates.

Kelly A. said...

Wow, Lisa-what a cute wife you are! We went to the Christmas concert too, but on Thursday night. It was awesome huh?

Maren and Blake said...

Lisa is sure a great wife. I think I would be perfect in Blake's eyes if I took him to a Jazz game. It sounds like you are having so much fun.

Anna said...

Lucky ducks! We don't even get to watch Jazz games on TV anymore! Stupid Idaho! (No offense to Chris or Deidra!)