Tuesday, November 13, 2012

End of Summer Highlights

Let's start in August....

Austin's 3rd Birthday!  August 25th ( I know, waaaay behind!)
We went to Lagoon and rode the train probably 3 times.  It's his favorite thing EVER.  We went to Famous Dave's and he got his FREE ice cream and meal :)



 Daron and I share a birthday.  We are about a week after Austin.  We had a goal for this year to visit a National Park.  We were running out of time.  So on our birthday (Labor Day) we decided to venture up to Golden Spike National Park.  It's in Promontory, Utah.  Basically it's two trains, that sit there...and do nothing.  Well almost nothing.  They "toot" their horn, and move up and down the tracks.  Austin thought it was the coolest thing ever.  Yay! 




 The weather was just beautiful in September, that I decided for my birthday I wanted a bike.  I decided on a cruiser bike because: A) I don't ride up mountains   B) I hate riding hunched over  C) I feel like Anne of Green Gables :).  Done deal.  It was so fun to ride.  The boys loved it.  Although, we would get back home and find Josh nearly at the bottom of Austin's feet.



Austin started preschool!  YAY!  He takes it from these super old ladies up the road. They scared me at first, but I have come to the conclusion that if I had been teaching preschool for 25 years, I would be just as ornery!  Okay, they aren't terrible.  Just the older one of the two scares me a bit.  I still feel like a 3 year old in her presence.  Austin loves it though.  He is learning so much. 

We went to the Brigham City LDS Temple open house.  It was absolutely stunning.  Austin was super excited to go inside the temple.  He kept the pamphlet and kept showing us where we had been.

Austin played his first soccer games!!  He is so funny to watch.  He will run after all the boys and the ball and then tell other people to kick it.  He then will fall down (on purpose) and start laughing.  His coach is our neighbor and he was so good with the boys.  He is excited for spring!



Grandpa and Grandma Bergstrom were Austin's faithful fans.  As well as Aunt Katie and Uncle Chris.  Austin LOVES being the center of attention, so this was fun to see him in action!







No comments: