Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to ....US!

Daron and I share the same birthday, which brings a lot of confusion to many people. Yes the same day, AND the same year. We're pretty much twins. Sharing the same birthday is kind of crowded for two people to share, so we've decided to have a birthweek. That way we both get spoiled for a good amount of time :)
We started our birthweek with a trip to Taggarts Restaurant. Daron's parents took us there. It's a good 45 minute drive. It's near Morgan. It was wonderful. I had the yummy French Dip w/ Battered fries! I love fries, and battered just makes it better. Daron ordered the Salmon, which he enjoyed.

After dinner we went outside to see the peacocks and fish.



Thank you Mom and Dad Bergstrom for a wonderful meal!
On our "Real" Birthday, Austin and I played all day and then partied with Daron at night. We went to the Pizza Factory in Bountiful. We discovered two things. First, we loved the bread and salad. Second, not so much the pizza and pasta. Now we know.
Austin loves restaurants! He enjoys smiling at all the new people.

After dinner, Daron took me shopping. We went and tried on hats at Target...

for me, not Austin.
Then we opened presents. Austin was in awe as Daron opened lots of shirts and a game.

He helped me open my present...

Wahoo! One that works (Thanks Katie for helping Daron)!

We also celebrated for the rest of the week by:
Watching the BYU Game at Daron's brothers house. Daron held cute little Grace.

My family celebrated our birthdays with a fun BBQ! We also received our gift Cards to the Melting Pot and Teppanyaki. We are excited to use these. And thanks for the cute shirt and the fun game Catan. For those that don't know that game, you seriously have to try it out. It's only a two player game, but so fun. Daron and I played it for 3 hours the first time!

I experimented and made a Rachel Ray recipe. Pretty good, too much work though.


And of course, our free meals at Red Robin!


Phew! We had a great birthday. Here's to being 27!!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Wow, you guys are getting old! I remember when you were like 23 or something! :) When are you going to be 30 like us?!

Erin said...

OHHHH, I love it all. Miss you guys. So glad you had a great birthday week!

Maren and Blake said...

Yay for 27! I will be there next wedensday. I just enjoyed my free Red Robins birthday meal today. Glad to see you guys had a great day.

Kiersten said...

I didn't know you guys shared a birthday! That's so cute! Also, I have been wanting to go to Taggart's forever--it's my little brother's favorite.

Amanda B. said...

Happy belated birthday to you both! My grand-parents shared a birthday (Nov 5th), but I've never met another couple who did. That's so fun!